13 October, 2010

What is normal?

Normal in my life is two children, who are happy with their milk.  A 9 week old, who is still learning her way with this "nursing" thing, and squeaks, gulps and coos with her milky grin.  A 2 year old who is an old hat at nursing.  He says "Please, more milk" when he wants to nurse (as he really does not talk yet).  He curls his body around my midsection and cuddles while he nurses.  This is a bedtime ritual.

My normal is seeing the growth that my milk has allowed my children.  Seeing them smile at me.  Seeing the special time I have with each one of them.  These normal moments are ones I treasure.  Ones I know may not be much longer with my son.  I aim to nurse my daughter for at least as long as I have my son.

While it can be challenging, I don't change it for the world.  Knowing that I have given a small part of my life, to make theirs better is more than worth it to me.  As I watch them sleep, I smile and know that I love them with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment