20 October, 2010

Seeing websites like this excite me...

Trying to get people to think in the context of "Birth is normal" as opposed to "Birth is an emergency that must be managed within an inch of the end of time" is a difficult task.  It is quite a large one, looking at the the almost 33% cesarean rate we have in the United States.

It pleases me to see organizations working towards choices for women when it comes to their birth arena. I may not have taken the option of a homebirth with a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) or CPM (Certified Professional Midwife), I support the right of women to chose that option.  Women need to be comfortable for birth to progress as it should.  I have the option, should I want it here in the state of Georgia.  Alabama is a different story.  I applaud the Alabama Birth Coalition for what they are working for.  Women should not be forced to chose the lesser of evils when it comes to birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment